Friday, March 13, 2015

The Inquisition: 046.Le Seul Elément

1. How did you came up with the name of the band? 

I really don't remember it and I don't like this name. One day, I will change it. 

2. Do you have a standard procedure of creating a song? Do you just jam around or is there a main riff and the track is build up on it? 

Yes, I try to find the first "good riff" and the rest of the song is building naturally on it. Or , my computer is full of "pieces of songs" and sometimes, I listen to them, and choose one that matches my mood. 

3. What are your influences and what kind of music do you hear when you are at home? 

I don't have any direct influences I think. I try to mix classical ones (like Philip glass, William Sheller or recently Lubomyr Melnyk) with dirtiest ones (some sludge, punk bands). At home it's pretty quiet, for Aurelia (my girlfriend) and generally because I have to be concentrated. I keep all crust, noise HxC music for the Van ! 

4. Which is the one album you can't live without? 

En Attendant L'apocalypse by Paris Violence. (French Oi!/Wave band). 

5. What's the first record you've ever bought? 

When I was 10, a friend of my father sold some stolen CD's , and I remember I was digging through the boxes and found by accident " NAS / It Was Written ". And it accompanied me for a long time. 

6. Name a band that you would like to share the stage or tour with? 

It's difficult to say… I like Anna Von Hausswolff. I think it could be a good "mix". 

7. Did the internet and specially the blogs helped to spread your music around the world? Name a place (country) that you were surprised to know your music has reached to? 

I don't know who has listened to it. 

8. Do you support the idea of bandcamp where fans can decide the price or services like Spotify? 

Yes sure, I don't have a Spotify account and Le Seul Elément is not in it. I prefer Bandcamp and that everybody can pay what they want. 

9. Where do you see yourselves in 5 years? 

Playing my last gig as drummer of Neurosis. 

10. Is the artwork of an album important nowadays in the digital era? 

Yes! This is the basis of universe that you try to create, it's the most direct message of your artistic approach. If you play ambient music, and if the cover of your album is a black'n'white forest, it's almost normal (and almost boring…), but if you want to put dirty socks in a fridge on it. All your album will change… 

11. What is you favorite album cover? 

Many are… Recently I liked "Floating Coffin" by Thee Oh Sees 


and "New History Warfare, Vol 2 : Judges" by Colin Stetson 


and "Le Cimetière Des Harlequins" by Ange (french old progressive rock)


and the material on the cover of "2.0" by Garbage.

12. It seems that a lot of people are turning on vinyl again. Why do you think that is and which is your preferable media format? 

Old formats are coming back since a few years,it's fashion and it's very good. Especially at this time of dematerialization. People have to spend more time by album, I say that but I'm all the day on YouTube. Internet is useful to discovering bands, but the next normal step is to buy a material format. 

13. What's the most vivid story or moment as a band? 

Hum…Playing a piano/ambient song with all your soul on stage, but still a drunk guy screams: "ROOOOOTS BLOOOODY ROOOOOOTS".

Check Le Seul Elément's recently released "Meradiam". It will haunt you!

More info:
Facebook
Bandcamp

0 Engineers:

Also check

 
;